Emporer moth

Emporer moth
By Peter Byles

Wednesday 29 September 2010

A few recent shots
















I've always been a keen wildlife enthusiast and have been trying my hand at photography the past few years. I'm lucky enough to be able to spend a lot of my spare time out walking and exploring the countryside and i though you might be interested in some of the shots I've managed to get recently.
Last week on a walk to Marloes sands there were around 15/20 common lizards in the gorse on the path down to the beach. i took the opportunity to get a few photos. I'd be very interested to hear of any other reptile sightings as I'm struggling to remember the last time I saw an adder or grass snake.

Also attached are a couple of photos of the ever-present Bosherston otters that I took last week. I manage to get down there usually twice a week and see them almost every time. The sight of them is never taken for granted as I have been visiting Bosherston since I was born and before this year had only seen otters there on 2 or 3 occasions.

As previously noted, the number of butterflies this year seems a lot more than in recent years, and there have been some fine specimens around. The photo is of a Comma that i came across whilst foraging in the warrens near Broadhaven (South).

On a walk today at Freshwater West (is there a more beautiful beach anywhere in the world?) there were at least 7 Kestrels around the cliffs and fields. I took a few shots of one being mobbed by a crow. A bit of drama to equal anything in Robin Hood!

Hope you like the photos. I'll continue to post any interesting photos and sightings I get.

All the best,

Grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment