Emporer moth

Emporer moth
By Peter Byles

Friday 8 October 2010

3 days at Stackpole







I managed to get out around the Stackpole estate 3 times in as many days and there's been a few bits and bobs of interest.



Lots of fungi about, including some big Dryads Saddles (see if you can spot the 10p I used for scale reference) and some weird fungus that I was unable to identify (any ideas?). Wish i had caught it before it had started rotting.



The otters were showing as well as ever and didn't seem concerned about my dog Molly despite the fact she normally chases anything with fur or feathers. Talking to one couple today, they mentioned that someone had told them a dead otter had been found around the estate. I knew that one had been reported as ill, so I'm assuming it's the same one.


Possible sighting of a Goshawk, though I really couldn't say for definite. A beautiful kingfisher, though too far away to photograph (if anybody wants to give me a couple of grand for a telephoto lens feel free...). 2 very large pike seen from the 8 arch bridge, a smart looking grey wagtail at the secret bridge.
A beautiful time of year at the moment, and a great time to be out exploring.








No comments:

Post a Comment