Emporer moth

Emporer moth
By Peter Byles

Wednesday 22 December 2010


Not much to post about from me recently, though I've had reports of foxes barking at night down the Pill at Pennar. Very sad to hear of the dead egrets (Pembrokeshire bird blog) , especially as it's on my local patch. As has been reported recently, many birds that are usually a bit shy are being seen more often, and even though it's tough for them it has still been great having snipe and lapwing in the garden. After I looked at the attached phot a bit more closely, I notcied the whiskers around the bill, similar to those mentioned regarding the nightjar at the most recent annual Pembrokeshire bird group talks. Off to Stackpole tomorrow (depending on the ice) so will hopefully have a bit to post about.

No comments:

Post a Comment