Emporer moth

Emporer moth
By Peter Byles

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Aerobatics

Hearing a loud commotion above my garden I went to see what was going on. Two Buzzards were being attacked by seagulls...nothing unusual in that, but, as I watched them going higher and higher, two more smaller birds of prey flew in. One looked white from underneath so it took my interest. Anyway, these birds flew very fast but, again, the seagulls attacked and one was almost on the back of the smaller bird. Suddenly the smaller bird folded back its wing and dived like an arrow, followed by its companion. They pulled out of the dive together and flew off effortlessly but very fast. Barely a wing flap, leaving the seagulls far behind. I can only think these two birds must have been Peregrine Falcons but I am surprised to see them in Haverfordwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment