Emporer moth

Emporer moth
By Peter Byles

Thursday 28 February 2013

Seen in my garden yesterday

As I watched birds on my feeder yesterday, I suddenly saw the ivy moving violently down the embankment beneath and an animal popped out into a plant trough.  It was hard to identify as I could not see all of it at first but I did see a very sweet little face peering round some sticks. At first I thought it might be a Mink but, when it ran up the bank I saw the tail and colour were wrong.  Next thought was a Rat but the tail had not really looked quite right for that either. Researching on-line, I came across this picture and this was the exact best view I had got of it.

http://www.wildlifebritain.com/image_popup.php?iid=721&conid=25

When you check the link, you will see it was a stoat. I had hoped the link would show the thumbnail picture.
(I could have just come on, said I saw a stoat in the garden and left it at that I suppose)

No comments:

Post a Comment