Emporer moth

Emporer moth
By Peter Byles

Sunday 10 June 2018

Beautiful Eyes




On my way home along the cliffs a horsefly came and showed great interest in me (as the only meal around). I’ve always wanted to get a good close-up shot of a horsefly’s incredible eyes. It homed in on the paper-thin senile skin of my right hand.  While it sucked my blood I clumsily  lined the camera up with my left hand and repeatedly pressed the shutter button hoping for at least one good shot. Then I realised that the lens cap was on!  I blew on it till it went. Back it came and tried to bite me through my shirt. Then it got onto my left arm and I was able to have a few shots at it. I still haven’t got the perfect shot, but while I still have some blood in my body…..

    

Peter Byles.

No comments:

Post a Comment